Looking for a career in the adventure industry? Weymouth College is an industry leader in instructor training. We provide a range of outdoor and adventure activity qualifications to help you progress along a range of career paths in this varied and exciting area of work.
Based at Osprey Quay on Portland, Dorset, home to the 2012 Olympic Sailing events, there is no better venue to learn the tools of the trade.
BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Outdoor Activity
- Year 1: Subsidiary Diploma
- Year 2: Extended Diploma
Outdoor and adventurous activities offer excitement, the opportunity to push yourself, meet new friends and spend time in the natural environment. The outdoor industry is constantly growing and calling out for instructors and managers and this course will equip you with the appropriate skills. Elements of this course will be delivered at the Weymouth & Portland National Sailing Academy.
- Principles of Anatomy & Physiology in Sport
- The Physiology of Fitness
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Fitness Training & Programming
- Leadership in Sport
- Principles & Practices in Outdoor Adventure
- Sports Nutrition
- Work Experience in Sport Adventurous Activities
- Skills for Water-based Outdoor & Adventurous Activities
- Equipment & Facilities for Outdoor Adventurous Activities
- Sport Coaching
- Exercise, Health & Lifestyle
- Sports Injuries
- Organising Sports Events
- Outdoor & Adventurous Expeditions
- Leading Land-based Outdoor & Adventurous Activities
- Leading Water-based Outdoor & Adventurous Activities
- Alternative Pursuits for Outdoor Adventure.
For more information about our courses and how to apply, please contact us.